Miss Pym and a Friend

Miss Pym and a Friend

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Demonologie Domestic


Demonologie Domestic

Below is a work of fiction; any resemblance to any person living or dead  is purely coincidental.  Live with it.

Before I can have a cup of coffee, I have to weave through the maze of other people’s crumbs, coffee cups, wrinkled Kleenex and unfolded clothes.  I make trips go the garbage in my nighty; I feed the cats before I wash my face.

If I finish a cup of coffee, it’s a small miracle.  When did I become a slave to other people’s schedules?  When did I turn into a Martha a la The Handmaid’s Tale?  When did I cease to be important except as a drone and source of income?

I’m not a domestic goddess, or even an angel of the house.  In my hand, I hold a first class ticket to anywhere; I won’t disclose the information.  Once I clear the security check, I want to be nowhere to be found.

Public Domain

No comments:

Post a Comment