Miss Pym and a Friend

Miss Pym and a Friend

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Visiting Ancient Sites

When I was very little, I traveled extensively with my family. I stood at the Oracle of Delphi when I was nine.  Now, I watch television shows of ancient archaeological sites.  It thrills me when I am lucky enough to visit these places, and to stand where ancient people once stood.  I feel their footsteps through the soles of my shoes.  Did they in turn, wonder, when they stood on ground that those even more prehistoric than themselves, stood--there has to be a great connection, a collective memory or consciousness of humanity.  It must live through the sands around the great pyramids, on Acropolis, at Delphi, and so many more places now real estate for ghosts, but once as active and lively as our own Chicagos, New Yorks, and Denvers.

No comments:

Post a Comment