Miss Pym and a Friend

Miss Pym and a Friend

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fall Reading and a Contest till Halloween

What are your favorite authors this fall? I would love to know. For Bronte/Pym lovers, I recommend memoris like, "Love Julia," and Julie and Julia, as well as Diana Raybourne's books. I really thought A.S.Byatt picked up where the Brontes left off in Possession, and H., The Story of Heathcliff by Linn Haire-Sargent is terrific!

My husband bought me a lovely English teacup with silver inlay from an anniversary trip this weekend. It has silver trim, and a floral silver medallion in the middle, and a matching saucer. It's for my Keurig, a weekend pleasure. I think Miss Pym would approve.

I would like to sponosor a contests; in 250 words, describe or submit your favorite recipe, pattern, or gadget. You may talk about crafts, knitting, crochet, latch hooking, tatting, dessert, main dish, side dish, novel, poem, play, fiction, nonfiction. Winner will receive copies of my club's cook/craft book or my shopping/book guide, compiled of sources all over the world.

The Contest will run from today, to Halloween. You may write your essays in the spaces provided for comments. Let the Games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment